[phobos] State of std.parallelism unit tests

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 05:53:23 PDT 2011

Ok, I'm running the main unit test in a loop in a debugger right now
trying to reproduce this thing.  64-bit Ubuntu, 64-bit DMD, building
64-bit binary, release mode.  So far I've been through ~175 runs and
have nothing but successes.  Can you give me a rough percentage of the
time that it fails for you?

One thing you could do to help is to do basically the same thing I'm
doing but on your setup.  Execute the main unit test in a loop (just put
a loop around the whole thing) inside GDB.  If/when it crashes, send me
a backtrace of all the threads (thread apply all bt), the register info
(info registers) and the disassembly of the function where it crashed
(disass).