[phobos] Moving changelog.dd back to phobos?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jun 3 11:25:40 PDT 2011

On 2011-06-03 11:17, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Since a while ago I moved changelog.dd from phobos to
> d-programming-language.org on grounds that it's really a documentation
> thing not a coding thing.
>
> That, however, makes it difficult for a person who submits a pull
> request that fixes a bug. They need to go and submit a pull request for
> phobos and then a pull request for d-programming-language.org. The life
> of the reviewers is also made difficult - they need to inspect two
> requests instead of one.
>
> Do you all agree that it would be better to move the changelog back to
> phobos?

I thought that it _was_ in Phobos. We had moved to a model where each project
had its own changelog file with the idea that they'd be merged together in the
primary changelog for releases (which would presumably be the one in d-
programming-language.org). Having them separate makes it easier to keep track
of bugs and avoids the permissions issues with commit access to d-programming-
language.org. It also has the benefit of generally tying a changelog change to
the commit where the changes were actually made.

Definitely move it back. Each of the projects should have their own
changelog.dd which is used to generate the master changelog for releases.