[phobos] State of std.parallelism unit tests

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jun 3 15:43:42 PDT 2011

On 2011-06-03 15:24, David Simcha wrote:
> Ok, I left the unit tests running in a loop on my home computer all day
> while I was at work. They ran about 13,000 times without failing once.
> Something about your setup is enabling the failures or at least making
> them drastically more likely.

Well, unfortunately, this does seem to be one of those modules where a
difference in CPU or architecture can have a large impact on behavior. In any
case, I'll look at setting up the tests to run in a loop and see how well they
do. And I guess that I'll have to spend some time debugging std.parallelism to
at least figure out exactly _what_ is causing a segfault, though I question
that I'll be able to actually fix the problem without spending a considerable
amount of time learning how std.parallelism works.