[phobos] Status on std.socket and std.socketstream

Jose Armando Garcia jsancio at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 08:09:06 PDT 2011

What is the status on std.socket and std.socketstream? I see a few
problems with std.socket. Here are some: it is not RAII, it uses
obsolete functions, and it is not thread safe. What about
socketstream? Does anyone use that thing? Is it even needed?

I am actually asking all these questions because I am thinking of
working on this next. Is someone already working on this?

If we decide to replace std.socket what should be the procedure? I am
thinking of probably deprecating std.socket and adding std.net.

Thanks,
-Jose