[phobos] Status on std.socket and std.socketstream

Masahiro Nakagawa repeatedly at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 09:14:49 PDT 2011

Last year, I tried std.socket improvement(not finished).

http://lists.puremagic.com/pipermail/phobos/2010-July/001171.html
http://lists.puremagic.com/pipermail/phobos/2010-September/002321.html

If you try replacement, you may implement event module or
work cooperatively with other people (Probably Max and Jonas).

In the future, std.stream will be replaced with new stream module.
I think current std.socketstream should be removed.

One question:
Socket itself is not networking part. std.net.socket is good place?

Masahiro