[phobos] isemail error handling

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Mar 4 14:12:01 PST 2011

I've ported the isemail module from PHP to D and I'm now working on adding exceptions instead of error codes. The PHP function takes an error level parameter indicating what kind of error level you want. You can pass in a warning and error level and possible others as well. You can also turn the error handling completely off. If the error handling is turned off the function will only return "true" or "false" indicating if the email address is valid or not.

If the error handling is on the function will return 0 if the email address is valid or otherwise an error code indicating what the error was.

The question I now has is: should we keep these different error levels or should we just have a parameter indicating if the error handling is on or off?

--
/Jacob Carlborg