[phobos] std.parallelism: Request for review

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Sun Mar 6 09:23:11 PST 2011

On Sun, 2011-03-06 at 11:57 -0500, David Simcha wrote:
> Please post the full code somewhere.  The second one really should
> scale better, and I want to understand in context how you're
> parallelizing this.

No problem.  All the codes of all the variations in all the languages
are in a Bazaar branch which can be branched from
http://www.russel.org.uk/Bazaar/Pi_Quadrature or if you just want to
browse the the URL is http://www.russel.org.uk:8080/Pi_Quadrature/

This is a simple one stage scatter/gather, that is basically a large
number of additions partition to maximize use of processors.  It should
be embarrassingly parallel.

I use SCons as a compilation driver so as to not have to remember
lengthy command lines, but it is almost certainly the case that there
are a number of assumptions in the SConstruct file about location or
existence of environment variables.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk