[phobos] proposal for new top level package name "experimental"

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Mon Mar 28 17:25:51 PDT 2011

Problem is that we'd occupy two top-level namespaces instead of one.
Right now people know better than define a package called "std". From
here onwards they'd need to remember that both "std" and "experimental"
are verboten.

I wouldn't want to take the discussion much further, as I'm sure there
are many nuances of paint for this bikeshed. If you want top-level
experimental, go for it.

Andrei