[phobos] Initial Phobos style guide proposal

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 06:29:45 PDT 2011

One thing I've noticed about std.container, and it makes it very hard for me to read:  Putting all ddoc comments with no indentation.  In particular, I have a very hard time seeing where a class or struct ends.  Andrei, there must be a good reason for you to do this, can you explain that?  I'd really prefer that the comments are put at the same indentation as the code being commented.

Also, can we standardize the comment style, at least for ddoc comments? I've seen a few different styles in phobos.  My favorite is:

/**
 * comment
 */

or
/++
 + comment
 +/

I do not like this:

/**
comment
*/

because it's more difficult to distinguish commented lines from normal lines.

Also, in the section saying "don't use else for version statements" I think it's acceptable and actually recommended to use else assert(0, "Unsupported OS");

-Steve