[phobos] Initial Phobos style guide proposal

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 08:46:02 PDT 2011

Although I like the look of the * comments, I agree with Andrei here -- we should not be putting requirements for people's editors into the style doc.  People are so attached to their editors, that I doubt the style guide would win that battle :)

I would change my request to be more of a suggestion that comments be easily distinguishable from normal code without syntax highlighting.  This means making the comment tags be distinguishable from the comment itself, whether by indentation or by making them larger.

I'd also suggest that if we do allow a hybrid of commenting styles, that the same file contains a consistent style.  That means if you edit a file that has a comment style you don't use, you should change your added code to match the style of the file.

-Steve