[phobos] [D-Programming-Language/phobos] a15e68: Accidentally committed with a bunch of debugging c...

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon May 2 23:50:48 PDT 2011

> On 5/2/11 11:09 PM, Lars Tandle Kyllingstad wrote:
> > I can only speak for myself, but the reason I have been less active
> > lately has nothing to do with git or github.  I am currently in the
> > final stages of my PhD, and for the past few months I've been drowning
> > in work.  (However, I've submitted my thesis for review now, and expect
> > to have more time for D-related stuff -- at least until the defense date
> > approaches...)
>
> Good luck!
>
> > Personally, I've found that what little programming I've done has been a
> > lot more enjoyable after the switch to git.
>
> Same here.
>
> Generally my perception is quite the opposite - from what I can tell the
> pace of development has been furious ever since we switch to github.

Oh, plenty has been going on since we switched to github, and I think that
it's a definite improvement, but I get the impression that fewer of the folks
who are actually Phobos devs have been committing code. It could be a false
impression though. Certainly, the activity on the main newsgroup with
proposals for inclusion in Phobos has increased. It just seems like there are
fewer Phobos devs actively committing code or creating pull requests. I'd have
to check the archives though to see whether that's true or not.