[phobos] Any reason we're not ready for a release?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed May 4 23:25:08 PDT 2011

> > The one thing that I'm aware of that was a problem thanks to Don's CTFE
> > changes which I don't know whether it was fixed or not was QtD. IIRC, Max
> > was saying that it was seriously broken earlier. There's a good chance
> > that it's fine now, but I think that we should make sure that QtD is no
> > longer failing to build due to the CTFE changes.
>
> I folded in patches to dmd requested by Qt. If there are other issues with
> Qt, are they in bugzilla?

No, I don't believe so. I just recall that when the recent CTFE changes came
up in one of the threads in the main newsgroup, and I mentioned that they were
still broken, because my recent changes to std.datetime weren't compiling, Max
said that they were causing a lot of failures for QtD as well. I doubt that he
would have created a bug report though, given that Don was in the middle of
his changes. It's quite possible that it compiles fine now though. I just
think that it should be verified that the CTFE changes are now stable enough
that QtD is no longer failing to build because of them as it was before. Much
as Don's changes are definitely something that we want, they risk causing
serious regressions if we're not careful.