[phobos] Any reason we're not ready for a release?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu May 5 11:41:31 PDT 2011

> > Max

> > > I folded in patches to dmd requested by Qt. If there are other issues
> >
> > with
> >
> > > Qt, are they in bugzilla?
> >
> > No, I don't believe so. I just recall that when the recent CTFE changes
> > came
> > up in one of the threads in the main newsgroup, and I mentioned that they
> > were
> > still broken, because my recent changes to std.datetime weren't
> > compiling, Max
> > said that they were causing a lot of failures for QtD as well.
>
> There is a confusion somewhere. I have been distracted from QtD recently
> and have not followed the NG either. Unless I sleepwalk, I couldn't try
> Don's CTFE changes.

Yeah. I mis-remembered. I just checked, and it was David Nadlinger who pointed
out that the CTFE changes broke CTFE. So, unless you sleepwalk (sleeptype?) as
David Nadlinger, it wasn't you who posted about it. ;)

> > I doubt that he
> > would have created a bug report though, given that Don was in the middle
> > of his changes. It's quite possible that it compiles fine now though. I
> > just think that it should be verified that the CTFE changes are now
> > stable enough
> > that QtD is no longer failing to build because of them as it was before.
> > Much
> > as Don's changes are definitely something that we want, they risk causing
> > serious regressions if we're not careful.
>
> I have just tried to build the public branch of QtD with a recent dmd (
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commit/3fcc2344681ab9d31d1897
> 188f36051c9beb247f) on linux. The build has completed without errors.

That's good to hear. Then whatever CTFE changes broke the QtD build were
completed/fixed.