[phobos] Tag for the dmd 2.053 release on the Phobos repository?

Robert robert at octarineparrot.com
Sun May 15 10:17:48 PDT 2011

On a related note, I noticed phobos development ground to a halt during the
beta testing, and has picked up again now the release is out. Perhaps for
the next release it would be a good idea to create a 2.054 branch in the
repository, then development can continue in the main branch, and only the
necessary fixes go into the 2.054 branch.

I wouldn't have suggested this at an earlier stage due to the likely need to
merge commits between the branches, but everyone seems to be gaining a
certain mastery of git now, so that shouldn't be a problem :)

On 15 May 2011 04:56, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:

> We don't yet have a tag for dmd 2.053 on the Phobos directory, and we
> should
> have one. I'm not quite sure what the exact commit was which used for 2.053
> though. So, someone who knows that needs to tag it. The same goes for
> druntime.
>
> d-programming-language.org is failing to build for me due to the
> last-release
> build target being broken, and I think that it's because it's assuming
> stuff
> that wasn't true for Phobos in for release 2.052, and that's the most
> recently
> tagged release. Hopefully, tagging 2.053 will fix it, though maybe it's
> broken
> for other reasons.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Robert