[phobos] Is the build broken?

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 13 11:38:38 PST 2011

On 13 November 2011 02:21, Andrei Alexandrescu <andrei at erdani.com> wrote:
> I just updated everything (dmd, druntime, phobos) and make unittest fails
> for phobos on OSX/32 with the error below. Is it reproducible?
>
> core.exception.AssertError at std/regex.d(7138): bmatch(R,RegEx) if (is(RegEx
> == Regex!(BasicElementOf!(R)))): mismatch pattern #204: \b\w+\b expected:

Note that Phobos unit tests have also been broken on Windows for ages;
std\traits.d(377): Error: static assert  (0u ==
cast(FunctionAttribute)3u) is false

Phobos hasn't passed on Windows for TWO WEEKS!!! This is really quite awful.
Please everyone, if you do checkin that breaks the build, and you
don't have time to fix it quickly, please revert it.