[phobos] FreeBSD test machine

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Sep 25 23:27:21 PDT 2011

On Sunday, September 25, 2011 23:14:37 Brad Roberts wrote:
> The freebsd/32 box is running 8.1-RELEASE.  The /usr/share/zoneinfo has
> a predictable set of files in it all dated Jul 19, 2010.  The
> FreeBSD/64 box is 8.2 and the files are dated Feb 16, 2011.  Define
> "not up to date".
>
> I can create you an account on either or both if you want.

Well, Chile has been messing around with their DST on a yearly basis for the
last two or three years, and it appears that whenever the files were updated
for this year's DST switches, it was too recent for either version 8.1-RELEASE
of FreeBSD or version 8.2 of FreeBSD, given that std.datetime's tests are
failing for America/Santiago on both when testing the DST switches of this
year. So, either the time zone packages on those machine need to be updated
(which may or may not be reasonable - I've never used any of the BSDs, so I
don't know), or I'm going to have to figure out how to redo the tests so that
they work with the time zone files which are on those machines (which may or
may not be easy, given that the main problem with picking valid DST tests is
that Windows has the DST switches wrong something like 90% of the time).

So, ideally, the time zone files on those boxes would be updated, but if that's
not reasonable, I'm going to have to figure out how to rework the DST unit
tests.