[phobos] std.process and std.datetime - circular dependency on OSX

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Sep 30 21:50:01 PDT 2011

On Friday, September 30, 2011 20:22:16 Walter Bright wrote:
> This could probably be corrected by switching std.process to using lazy
> initialization.

At some point, we're really going to have to look into adding something to the
language that makes it possible to indicate when there is no circular
dependency and that the order of initialization doesn't matter. This problem
is _really_ annoying ever time that it comes up - and even worse, it can't be
determined at compile time. Maybe something as simple as

static this() @nodepend(std.process)
{

I don't know. That's just off the top of my head, but I do think that this is
an issue that is going to have be addressed at some point.