[phobos] Phobos datetime unittests fail on German Windows 7

kenji hara k.hara.pg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 23:46:37 PDT 2011

2011/10/1 Don Clugston <dclugston at googlemail.com>:
> unittest
> totalCPUs = 4
> []Failed time zone: America/Los_Angeles
> core.exception.AssertError at std\datetime.d(27754): _assertPred!"=="
> failed: [Pacific Normalzeit] is not == [Pacific Standard Time].
>
> Seems as though it assumes that OS time zone names are in English.
> I also notice that some recent change to Phobos tests (possibly this
> one) makes them take about 4X as long to run. (compilation time is a
> bit slower as well, but I'm talking about the run time).

With Japanese localization, the things are worse.
The OS time zone names are provided with Japanese language, then
invalid-UTF error is raised.

I already posted pull request to fix it.
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/276
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/280

(#276 causes circular dependency error in unit testing, then #280 is
need to fix it.)

If you have the time, please review them.

Kenji Hara