[phobos] [D-Programming-Language/phobos] 193241: fix running out of memory again

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Dec 9 20:27:40 PST 2012

On Sunday, December 09, 2012 20:12:11 GitHub wrote:
>   fix running out of memory again

I wonder what caused std.datetime to start running out of memory again. AFAIK,
while its unit tests use a lot of memory, it hasn't been bad enough to run out
of memory for a while. We really do need to get the memory situation in dmd
fixed though so that CTFE and template-heavy modules can actually compile (and
preferably compile reasonably efficiently). Stuff like std.regex and pegged,
which are supposed to be major wins for us, end up running into serious issues
with the current situation.

But I guess that that requires Don finding time to implement the required CTFE
changes and one of the compiler devs finding time to fix up dmd's GC.