[phobos] [D-Programming-Language/phobos] a4220e: An attempt to fix std.format build.

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jul 8 21:04:14 PDT 2012

On Sunday, July 08, 2012 23:58:31 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> I think we've used the autotester today exactly the way it was supposed
> to be used.

Multiple merges were done which broke the build. Yes, we caught them and fixed
them quickly, but if we _always_ made sure that the pull tester was green for
a particular pull before merging it, we'd have almost no broken builds - just
those on OS X (since the pull tester doesn't test OS X) and those caused by
pull requests which depend on each other and must be merged at the same time.
No other build breakage should occur.

I hate to complain, since it's great that you've spent as much time as you
have dealing with pull requests today, and I thank you for it, but we're
supposed to be avoiding breaking the build _at all_. That's why Brad added the
pull tester.