[phobos] The move notice in std.string

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jul 15 04:05:14 PDT 2012

On Sunday, July 15, 2012 12:55:27 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> See: http://dlang.org/phobos/std_string.html
>
> Do we still need to keep that notice around? It's been a long time
> since these symbols were moved and I haven't encountered any code in
> the wild that still relies on them.

No, I think that that can be removed. There are some related code changes that
need to be made as well (primarily public imports which should be removed),
but when I went to do them earlier, it broke the dmd tests, and I haven't
gotten back to it yet - though the list of deprecations and removals for this
release is getting long enough (due to the delayed release) that I'm starting
to be tempted to delay some of them by a release. We really should look at
doing a release soon.

But if you want to, you can remove the notice, and I can sort out the related
code changes later.