[phobos] std.regexp deprecation?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jul 15 13:24:38 PDT 2012

On Sunday, July 15, 2012 22:19:05 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Alex Rønne Petersen
>
> <xtzgzorex at gmail.com> wrote:
> > While we're on the subject of deprecations, what's going to happen to
> > std.regexp? It was apparently deprecated in 2.055 which is quite a few
> > moons ago.
>
> Okay, I just tried removing std.regexp completely from Phobos and
> removed listdir/listDir from std.file and running the test suite
> worked fine on OS X. Note that no part of DMD's test suite makes use
> of listDir() or std.regexp.
>
> Do we want to just get rid of it? If so, I can send a pull request right
> now.

Fine with me. If you've already done the work, we might as well just use it
before it becomes unmergeable due to other merges. From what Dmitry said, it
sounds like there's a workaround for the missing listDir functionality, and if
we later decide that we need to add something to dirEntries, we can do that
then.