[phobos] 2.060 Release?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jul 15 18:33:51 PDT 2012

Are we currently planning on delaying 2.060 until Walter is done with COFF or
Win64 or whatever major changes he's currently working on? It's already been
over 3 months since 2.059 was released.

Ideally, I think that we should sort out whatever needs to be sorted out to
get a release out the door (e.g. backing out some of the const-related changes
that were made to Object recently and dealing with bug# 8366) and get it out
the door. That doesn't necessarily have to slow down Walter much, depending on
whether what he's changing affects current functionality much, but we've
supposedly been aiming for releases every month or two (closer to two months
for the last few), and if we delay this one by another month, that'll make it
4 months, and of course, any further delays will make it that much longer.

Is getting a release out the door soon going to be a big problem? If it is, we
_can_ technically delay it, but I think that we'd be better off getting it out
the door soon if we can.