[phobos] Why does std.concurrency public import a bunch of synchronization primitive modules from druntime?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue May 1 16:42:59 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, May 01, 2012 22:54:43 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> How are we going to do this? It's not obvious in the documentation that
> std.concurrency imports these core modules at all anyway. Do we want a
> proper deprecation process or just private-ify the imports here and now?

There isn't really a way to have a proper deprecation process with imports.
The best that you can do is give a notice somewhere that they're going to be
made private in the future and then later make them private. deprecate can't
get involved at all AFAIK.

Personally, I'd argue that as long as the fact that the imports are public
isn't mentioned in the documentation, we might as well just make them private
immediately.