[phobos] The future of std.demangle, std.loader, std.stdint?

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Sun May 13 05:01:16 PDT 2012

On 13 May 2012 04:12, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, May 13, 2012 03:41:11 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's clear that core.demangle is going to replace std.demangle, but
>> std.demangle hasn't been marked deprecated at all yet (and it was
>> practically deprecated in 2010). Should we mark it deprecated now or
>> just get rid of it entirely?
>>
>> Also, what about std.loader? It's not included in the documentation
>> anywhere. I can't figure out if it's really supposed to be included in
>> Phobos anymore.

> However, I really don't know anything about std.loader. It can't be _that_
> important, since it's not in the docs, and it's not licensed with Boost, but I
> don't know if we can just get rid of it or not. Even if we did get rid of it,
> it would be best to mark it as deprecated first in case someone used it in
> spite of it not being in the documentation.

std.loader is from the _very_ early days of D (long before my time).
It was announced as being deprecated more than six years ago.
It's ridiculous that this prehistoric stuff is still hanging around.
Show no mercy. Just remove it.

(Remember with this sort of thing, that in the *extremely* unlikely
event that somebody is still using it, they can grab the code from an
earlier version).