[phobos] Eliminate -property from Phobos build?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Feb 20 11:11:50 PST 2013

On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 08:28:53 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Currently -property in the Phobos build is a net liability because it
> forces us to append "()" all over the place, at a time when general
> agreement has been reached that trailing parens will be optional.
>
> Shall we remove -property for now?

If we're sure that we're going to keep parenless funtion calls (as
unfortunately seem to be the consensus), then there's no point in using
-property in its current state. Depending on what we do with properties and
@property, we may or may not want a flag to test the change in behavior later,
in which case, -property could be changed to do that, but unless/until that
happens, there's no point in using -property.