[phobos] Eliminate -property from Phobos build?

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 11:34:46 PST 2013

20-Feb-2013 23:18, David Nadlinger пишет:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu <andrei at erdani.com> wrote:
>> Currently -property in the Phobos build is a net liability because it forces
>> us to append "()" all over the place, at a time when general agreement has
>> been reached that trailing parens will be optional.
>>
>> Shall we remove -property for now?
> I'd rather make it a no-op in DMD first. As long as `-property` is in
> the compiler, people will complain if their Phobos client code doesn't
> compile with it.

+1

And I've seen people insisting on and enforcing -property in its current
broken state.

Plus some kind of anouncement on where we are actually _plaining_ to go
w.r.t. -property & @property won't hurt.
Even vague statements like "we are plaining sometime soon to switch
properties to what's outlined in DIP23 +- some amendments"
is better then sheer vacuum.

--
Dmitry Olshansky