[phobos] Feature request: new method for std.file.DirEntry

Peter Williams pwil3058 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jan 7 23:02:23 PST 2013

I would like to request the addition of a method named linkStatBuf() to
DirEntry (in the std.file module) which would have the same relationship
to statBuf() as linkAttributes() has to attributes().

As part of learning D, I'm reimplementing GNU patch in D (lots of messy
problems to be solved which accelerates learning) and one of its options
allows the user to specify whether soft links should be followed or not
and to do this I need access to the soft link's stat struct preferably
via a standard D mechanism. The above requested feature would provide
such a mechanism.

In the meantime are lstat, stat etc accessible via any of the libraries
in phobos or do I have to do it the hard way?

Thanks,
Peter