[phobos] Update on Importing Packages [Was Re: install targets]

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jun 2 16:20:35 PDT 2013

On Sunday, June 02, 2013 17:00:43 Daniel Murphy wrote:
> Or phobos, now that I take a closer look!

By the way Daniel, have you given up on

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1961

I don't know if you saw my last comment in there, but it looks like the
problem with explicitly giving the path with a public import (e.g.
std.datetime.DosFileTime) is purely an implementation one. It works when done
with normal modules, just not with with the package.d trick. So, it looks like
you missed something in there which would enable it to work with the package.d
trick, and if that gets figured out, we should be able to actually merge that
functionality in and thus finish implementing the DIP.