[phobos] std.process deprecations

Lars Tandle Kyllingstad via phobos phobos at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 6 13:53:57 PDT 2014

Hi,

Functions from the old std.process have been marked (in documentation)
as "scheduled for deprecation" since April 2013.  I'm not completely
clear on the deprecation process we're currently using.  Is it OK to
finally add a "deprecated" attribute to them now?  I am currently doing
some maintenance work on std.process, and this seems like a good time to
do it.

The functions in question are: system(), getpid(), shell(), getenv(),
setenv() and unsetenv().  All of these have equivalents among the newer
std.process functions, as specified in the deprecation notices.

The exec*() family of functions is also marked as such, but it was
agreed(?) in a NG discussion to only deprecate them on Windows, and to
move them to a separate module on POSIX:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/l4nav4$q9r$1@digitalmars.com?page=2#post-l4ph2m:2410t:242:40digitalmars.com

Lars