[phobos] std.process deprecations

Andrei Alexandrescu via phobos phobos at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 7 07:05:42 PDT 2014

On 8/7/14, 1:21 AM, Lars Tandle Kyllingstad via phobos wrote:
> I think we made a good case for why those functions ought to be
> deprecated on Windows in that discussion, and while I stand by my
> arguments, I don't really have anything more to add to re-convince you.
>
> Removing functionality is a drastic step to take, and I won't try to
> deprecate them unless there is a clear consensus that it is the right
> thing to do.

I am convinced. I do understand exec* is inefficient on Windows.
However, I remember I dealt with an application in which removal of said
functionality would force me to essentially paste the source code from
std.process into my program. That doesn't seem like progress.

Is there a chance to offer the functionality on Windows in a reasonable way?