[phobos] Anyone wants to receive github messages here?

Jonathan M Davis via phobos phobos at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 7 13:29:01 PST 2016

On Wednesday, December 07, 2016 14:28:55 Martin Nowak via phobos wrote:
> All of those github mails seem to make the mailing list almost unusable.
>
> Of course anyone can setup mail filters, but that doesn't fix the
> forum/archive views and requires manual action.
>
> Since it's possible to have personal github notification settings, I
> hardly see any use-case for posting GH commit messages and such to the
> mailing-list. Anyone disagrees with disabling them?

I definitely like having them, because it makes it clear when something has
been merged, which isn't really the case with github's notifications (not
without reading them all individually anyway), and in that respect, I'm
annoyed that the dmd list stopped getting notifications. So, maybe I'm in
the minority, but I will miss these notifications if they go away.

That being said, enough folks have complained about them that I expect that
you're going to stop them unless someone has a really strong reason why they
should be kept - particularly since no one seems to want to use these lists
for discussions when github is pasting to them (though I don't really see
any reason why they couldn't; the traffic is low enough that I don't really
agree that they'd be in the way; I think that it's more of a psychological
thing than a practical problem).

 Jonathan M Davis