[phobos] Anyone wants to receive github messages here?

Jonathan M Davis via phobos phobos at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 7 15:25:34 PST 2016

On Wednesday, December 07, 2016 23:39:37 Martin Nowak via phobos wrote:
> > I definitely like having them, because it makes it clear when something
> > has been merged, which isn't really the case with github's
> > notifications (not without reading them all individually anyway), and
> > in that respect, I'm annoyed that the dmd list stopped getting
> > notifications. So, maybe I'm in the minority, but I will miss these
> > notifications if they go away.
> As an alternative, you can enable github notifications for a repo and
> mails for notifications, see https://github.com/settings/notifications.
> You'll receive mails like this.
>
> Merged #684
> <https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/684>.

I know. I already do. But they're then mixed in with all of the other
e-mails from github and associated with whatever pull request they went
with. With the druntime and phobos lists (and the dmd list previously), all
of the merge commits are nicely laid out for you, and they don't get lost in
the noise of all of the rest of the github stuff.

I can certainly live with the druntime and phobos list not getting e-mails
if you really want to stop them, but I do think that they're nice to have.