[phobos] Drought of functions that throw exceptions

Richard Palme richardpalme at tutanota.de
Wed Oct 31 22:50:08 UTC 2018

Is there a reason why so few functions in phobos throw
exceptions? For example there is std.bitmanip.BitArray.flip that
gets an index as argument and flips the bit that the index
references, and this function does not throw an exception when
given an invalid argument.

I'd be willing to fix this, but first I wanted to ask if there
might be a reason for this. I think that throwing an exception
should be preferable to a segmentation fault (which happens in
the case of BitArray.flip).