[phobos] Strange design of core.sync.condition in D

Michael Galuza riddlermichael at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 11:00:31 UTC 2018

Class core.sync.Mutex has shared and non-shared versions of its methods.
This is logical — mutex is shared between threads. But class
core.sync.Condition doesn't have shared methods at all. Why? Maybe I missed
something, but it's very strange for me, because such code doesn't work:
---class Foo {    private Mutex mtx;    private Condition cnd;
    shared this() {        mtx = new Mutex(this); // error: no constructor
Mutex(shared Object)        cnd = new Condition(mtx); // error: no
constructor Condition(shared Mutex)    }}---
Please enlighten me)