[Robotgroup] JOIN: Bryan Bishop

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 16:57:31 PDT 2008

Hey all,

I just stumbled upon the robotgroup mailing list via Google when looking
up the Austin TechShop [and am now aware that it was an unfortunate
failure apparently]. I attended the Austin Maker Faire townhall meeting
that Silona threw together a few weeks ago, and I think some dorkbot
guys were there, and I suspect they are on this mailing list, so Hi. I
am also keeping an eye on the IEEE Robotic Automation Society group
over at UT, though it looks like the mailing list here is more active.

I'm somewhat of an email power user:
	http://heybryan.org/mailing_lists.html

.. so if I ever seem to randomly stop replying, emailing me off list
will get my immediate attention. Just FYI.

I'm not entirely sure what gets to be counted as art :-) around here :-)
but I'm willing to throw in a few things out into the open. Has anybody
been keeping an eye on the Austin InnovationCamp that's coming up soon?
It's this Saturday, June 28, in the style of a barcamp.

	http://innovationcamp.pbwiki.com/SessionIdeas
	http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/778003/
	http://groups.google.com/group/Innovation_Camp/

I'm planning a panel that might provide a sufficiently broad overview of
some ideas that I've been toying with. Basically it's all of my site
content:
	http://heybryan.org/new_exp.html <-- self-replicating biotech kit
		http://biohack.sf.net/
		http://heybryan.org/biotech.git or for the uninformed:
		http://heybryan.org/gitweb.cgi
	http://heybryan.org/exp.html <-- automated manufacturing F/OSS style
	http://heybryan.org/buildingbrains.html
	http://heybryan.org/recursion.html
	http://heybryan.org/intense_world_syndrome.html
	http://heybryan.org/mediawiki/index.php/Sustained_attention
	http://heybryan.org/mediawiki/index.php/Computational_neuroscience
	http://heybryan.org/transhumanism_def.html

... all compressed into a ridiculously informal talk session. Maybe this
would be relevant to some from robotgroup? And if not, I suspect that
the pages serve as a sufficient introduction to what I can try to bring
to the table.

Hrm. Any routines for introducing new members around ? Maybe I'll lurk.

- Bryan