[D-runtime] Porting CDGC to druntime

Leandro Lucarella leandro.lucarella at sociomantic.com
Wed May 29 09:20:43 PDT 2013

Hello there! Apparently DConf had a good effect for sociomantic, as we
are starting to analyze moving forward to D2. The first step would be to
port CDGC to druntime (we will post some more details about this next
week).

I have a couple of questions before we start.

1) I saw there is a 'benchmark' directory in druntime now. Is that
   maintained and meaningful. Should I use it?
2) Are there any tests focusing on the GC I can rely on?
3) Is each commit in druntime being tested by the autotester, or only
   DMD is using the autotester for now?
4) I would like to do also some code reorganization and cleanup in the
   GC to make it look more like CDGC[1]. Will you be opened to that or
   should I only focus on the particular changes to make the GC
   concurrent?

Any other suggestions or rules on hacking druntime are appreciated,
since last time I touched it was when the project was created :)

Thanks!

[1] http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/browser/trunk/tango/core/rt/gc/cdgc

--
Leandro Lucarella