Win64/MinGW

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Nov 16 02:26:16 PST 2010

>> I'm thinking of working on getting GDC MinGW binaries up somewhere. I
>> understand the MinGW build process is highly non-trivial, and I'm
>> trying to
>> decide if it's worth the effort. What is the status of MinGW for 64-bit
>> Windows? Is there any theoretical reason why 64-bit GDC for MinGW
>> shouldn't
>> work? If not, then I'll try to make it work.
>
> It may be a good start to build 32bit Windows binaries for GDC (and
> maybe provide an installer or something) and, with that experience, try
> to get 64bit Windows binaries.
> I don't know if there's any reason why 64bit Windows binaries shouldn't
> work.

Building GDC MinGW binaries wasn't _that_ complicated before,
the only trick* was making relocatable (away from C:\MinGW)...

Mostly ./configure && make, after all the patching was done ?
Like this: http://gdcwin.sourceforge.net/gcc-3.4.5-build.sh

--anders

*
http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=D.gnu&artnum=2252