D on the Raspberry Pi

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Sun Jul 15 08:10:57 PDT 2012

> Anyway, building a compiler on the raspberry pi worked for me, although
> it took a long time to build. I created a new wiki page with build
> instructions:
> https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/wiki/Raspberry%20Pi

I've done some new attempts. After using a different OS image on a
different SD card, everything worked much better (raspbian "Pisces"). I
followed your instructions on the wiki page but had to change
arm-linux-gnueabi to arm-linux-gnueabihf and later removed them
altogether with the same effect.

However, compilation got stuck at the same place as before. It couldn't
find <bits/predefs.h> and other architecture specific files. Symlinking
from /usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/* to gcc/* helped a bit until it
stopped with the same error as in the build log that I posted before.

I will probably just try the debian image, although a system with
hardfloat support would be pretty important in the long run. But the
fact that it doesn't find the /sys/, /bits/ etc. headers sounds like it
is just some stupid little build problem. But I'm much too unfamiliar
with the GCC build process to make effective guesses for a solution.