How minimal I can go using D on GDC?

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Mon May 13 01:45:52 PDT 2013

On Monday, 13 May 2013 at 08:24:52 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 13 May 2013 09:11, Dicebot <m.strashun at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Last time I tried such stuff there was a TypeInfo emitted for
>> templated
>> structs. Is this still the case?
>>

> Why would you use templates in low level (eg: kernel) code?

Why would I chose D over C if I am restricted from templates?
Templates are essentially an automated type-safe copy-paste and
there is a lot of copy-paste in type kernel-flavor code to be
eliminated. Or, to be more specific, why shouldn't I? As you may
notice, this topic author uses C++ meta-programming just fine in
this environment, no reason D can't do it.

(feels like all my previous rants on this topic got unnoticed =/)