Can't make use of any headers

Johannes Pfau via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 6 15:52:08 PDT 2017

Am Thu, 06 Jul 2017 14:26:08 +0000
schrieb jallersma <janallersma at gmail.com>:

> Perhaps I have a bit of a noob question, but how come I cannot
> use any of the GTKd headers on GCD? On DMD there's no header that
> works. I tried to use dub to install the GTKD libraries, but
> without any luck. Everytime I try to compile the libraries, I get:
>
> $ dub
> generated/gtkd/gtkd/Implement.d:24:8: error: module meta is in
> file 'std/meta.d' which cannot be read
>   import std.meta;
>          ^
> import path[0] = /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/include/d
> import path[1] = /home/name/Downloads/src
> import path[2] = /home/name/Downloads/generated/gstreamer
> import path[3] = /home/name/Downloads/generated/gtkd
> import path[4] = /home/name/Downloads/generated/gtkdgl
> import path[5] = /home/name/Downloads/generated/peas
> import path[6] = /home/name/Downloads/generated/sourceview
> import path[7] = /home/name/Downloads/generated/vte
> gdc failed with exit code 1.

This means gtkD want to use the std.meta module and GDC can't find the
source code for this file. Where did you get GDC from? I guess from
debian/ubuntu packages? Then your GDC version is simply to old,
versions from gdcproject.org/downloads should provide std.meta:
https://docarchives.dlang.io/v2.068.0/phobos/std_meta.html

However, I'm can't guarantee gtkD will work with the releases from
gdcproject.org as these are actually out of date as well ;-)

-- Johannes