The D Programming Language by Andrei Alexandrescu

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 12:50:47 PST 2007

"Craig Black" <cblack at ara.com> wrote in message
news:fj9mvi$1l4a$1 at digitalmars.com...
> "Gregor Richards" <Richards at codu.org> wrote in message
> news:fj9mpv$1kjt$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>> Andrei has announced on his web site http://erdani.org/ that he's
>>> working on the book "The D Programming Language" due out in October of
>>> 1998.
>>
>> It's been out for nearly a decade and I still haven't bought it! I need
>> to get with the program!
>>
>>  - Gregor Richards
>
> Andrei is even smarter than I thought!

It really is an amazing idea!  By writing a book and then releasing it ten
years ago, he'll inspire Walter to write an implementation of the language,
changing the past and making D1 come out years sooner.

Or maybe this book is what inspired Walter in the first place, and Andrei
just has to write the book to complete the time loop.