DMD 1.035 and 2.019 releases

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Sep 4 12:58:30 PDT 2008

Moritz Warning:
> I have heard that BigInt is much faster in Tango. Maybe you could do a
> quick test?

I don't use Tango, and so far I've failed to make Tangobos work well with my code.

> About the Tango regex, it has speed problems in many cases, too.

You can try this version of mine of the benchmark:
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/debian/benchmark.php?test=regexdna&lang=gdc&id=4

You can see lines marked with slow or SLOW, you can use them to replace the faster alternatives I have found, and you can see if Tango regex too is O(n*n) in that situation. Note that in that situation all the other regex engines are linear.

Bye,
bearophile