DPortAudio

ponce ponce at spam.org
Fri Jul 15 05:25:44 PDT 2011

> Derelict also has 1-byte aligned struct members and it might suffer
> from the same issues, but I haven't tested it out so I can't confirm.
> In either case Derelict is a game-oriented library, and contains no
> examples on how to use PortAudio, plus it's on dsource which is a
> graveyard of dead projects anyway.

Hi, I'm the one which once made a PortAudio derelict binding based on previous work (http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/wiki/Portaudio). I made a derelict extension because I didn't know how to do otherwise :)

Portaudio is not a library choice I would make again. I was bitten hard with sound-card dependent synchronization issues, perhaps related to this alignment problem I did not see. BASS and FMOD are the ones I would use now. I made a partial BASS derelict binding too later on.

Cool project btw.