Very short article with with manual memory management in C++ and D.

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Wed Feb 6 05:16:44 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 6 February 2013 at 10:13:49 UTC, MattCoder wrote:
> On Wednesday, 6 February 2013 at 09:36:32 UTC, Paulo Pinto
> wrote:
>> Eventually I ported the solution to D, while keeping the code
>> as close as possible to the original C++ version.
>
> Paulo, can you tell why you chose to keep the D code much as the
> same the C++ version?

Languages with stronger type checking, and GC capabilities are
usually looked down by some hardcore C++ developers.

I just wanted to show that the pointer tricks for memory
management are not an exclusivity from C and C++.

Maybe I should present two versions, the current one which mimics
the C++ version and an improved version.

--
Paulo