February 20, 2013—Component Programming in D—Walter Bright - slides & video

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Sat Feb 23 00:21:06 PST 2013

Am 22.02.2013 21:22, schrieb Walter Bright:
> First off I would like to thank everyone who donated to our camera drive.

but they still missing a wireless microphone for the questioners :)

good talk - but i think you should be more clear about the target of
your presentation, its started with simple components and ranges and
then it mutated very fast into pipeline programming (design, paradigm,
threading, multiple in/out pipes) questions - and except that everything
can handled by throwing an exception, the error handling in complex
pipeline programming "can" be much harder, very doable in D - but D(it
libs) isn't currently in a state for doing complex pipeline programming
out "of the box" (or designed for beeing so) it think that wasn't clear
enough through the talk