DConf 2013 Day 1 Talk 3: Distributed Caching Compiler for D by Robert Schadek

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Wed May 15 00:27:05 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 14 May 2013 at 19:57:12 UTC, Guillaume Chatelet wrote:
> Dicebot, Sönke, how about a vibe.d based compiler ? :P

I don't think networking part of of distributed compiler will be
that demanding :) It is more about good pipe-lining, like
described in Robert presentation. Concurrency level is always low
and network speed tend to be much faster than compilation speed.

I'd like someone more proficient in this topic to correct me, but
once compiler is daemonized and decent data model / pipe line is
defined, adding distributed networking functionality on top is
one of the easiest parts.