DConf 2013 Day 1 Talk 5: Using D Alongside a Game Engine by Manu Evans

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Fri May 17 16:04:28 PDT 2013

On 5/17/13 3:52 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Friday, 17 May 2013 at 22:47:56 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
>> Really exciting to see how D is being used in this context, and the
>> C++ binding examples are inspiring.
>
> The last question in the video was if it would work in Linux too, and
> idk about the rest of their setup, but the C++ binding is something I've
> done before, and the code is virtually identical to what Manu did.
>
> I think while the C++ ABI is technically unportable, it actually works
> more or less the same way in practice across the major compilers.

Among the posix world, the c++ abi has been well defined for over a
decade.  The output from every major c++ compiler has been
interchangeable for a long time now.  Windows and oddball compilers are
the only hold outs that I'm aware of.  It's a mistake that the D
compilers are making (and will address at some point in the not terribly
distant future).