DUnit: Advanced unit testing toolkit.

jostly johan.f.ostling at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 12:50:46 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 25 September 2013 at 06:45:12 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> It's possible to implement you're own unit test handler. See:
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/master/src/core/runtime.d#L290

This changes everything! Thanks for that pointer, it really was
the missing link between what I want to do and what I thought was
possible.

> But you most likely want to throw some kind of exception
> anyway. Because if an assertion is triggered in a unit test
> block you most likely want to end that unit test block,
> immediately.

Maybe... in my mind it depends on whether there are more than one
test per unit test block, because I really like each failing test
to be enumerated as well. But I can see the benefit - that would
allow me to have tests directly in the unit test block, instead
of wrapped inside delegates like it's done in specd. Ideally, a
generic runner would support both immediate and deferred tests.