Bountysource activity

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 18:23:02 PDT 2014

On Friday, 14 March 2014 at 01:05:08 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Still, that's more than the $0/hr for most of the D
> contributions we're happy to do, so I'm not complaining.

Aye, but it doesn't push you over the line from "I'd like to do
this but am too busy with other work" or "meh i don't care
enough" to actually doing it.

I suspect one of those two states cover the majority of people
who can but don't fix many D bugs today.

So while the bounty might be a nice bonus for those who were
already planning to do it anyway, it is unlikely to lead to any
*new* bug fixes; the rate of bug closure before and after
probably hasn't changed (I'm sure we could measure this too to
confirm my gut feeling).